Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Good Day

Bailey, Ross, and Jon Brent

Haley, Mrs. Mangum and Daniel
(Ashley's future sister in law, her grandmother, and brother)

Sweet Baby Anderson


Mr. Wayne (Ashley's dad)



Melinda and Nancy
(Ashley's mom and my mom)




My mom, dad, Scott, and Ashley


Brad, Sherri, and Mrs. Debbie (Sherri's mom)



Scott and Ashley



Anna Lea and Ally




Mrs. Peggy, Bailey and Mr. Jon Mark




Well, I made it through yet another first without Jason. I imagined that Thanksgiving Day would be much harder than it was, but it really was a good day. Obviously, there were moments where I felt so lost without him, but overall it was a good day. Thank you, Jesus! I know it was His grace that got me through it. As always, He provided my 'daily bread.'

We decided several weeks back that we needed to change up our normal Thanksgiving tradition in hopes that it would make the day more bearable. I am so thankful that we did. Usually we would eat lunch with Jason's side of family and dinner with my side. I decided to have both Jason's parents and my parents for lunch at my house, as well as the siblings, etc. Don't get too impressed... I did NONE of the cooking. I told everyone I would provide the tea and the rolls. Easy enough! Everyone else brought the food and it was perfect.

Everyone stayed all day and we even warmed up the food again for dinner. I was SO thankful that everyone stayed to keep me busy. Being alone is never good for me right now especially on a significant day. The more the merrier for me. :)

This weekend as we began decorating the house for Christmas, my soul longed for Jason even more than I thought possible. I know my God will continue to be faithful to me and once again see me through this season.

Thanks for walking this journey with me...

9 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. The first year without someone you love is always the hardest. I thought about you as we were driving home from Thanksgiving with my family in Alabama. We were listening to some Christmas music & the song "Home for Christmas" by the group Alabama came on. This song usually reminds me of my precious grandfather - but this time, all I could think of was you and Jason! I pray that God will give you an extra dose of mercy and comfort during this holiday season!

Kelly said...

I know that this time of year can be and will be hard for you and your family! You are such a lucky lady to have such a wonderful family to help you and your children wade through the waters. I thought of you and your family often over the course of the weekend and I am so glad that it was not too difficult. Love the pics and cannot wait to see your house all "done up" for the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You were surrounded by some of God's most cherished creations and their sustaining love will see you through any and everything! Thanksgiving was also a first without my father and to top that it was his birthday. He so enjoyed it when his birthday fell on Thanksgiving! :) I tried to stay focused on what it must be like to have Thanksgiving in heaven. The tears were shed but they were always followed by warm smiles. Keep on keeping on girl, God has been so gracious . . . you will overcome!
In His Love,
Regina Breland
Discipleship Office @ TBC

Amy said...

I am so glad you had a great Thanksgiving. The pictures look like an almost perfect day for you -- all your family right there together.

Can't wait till Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

Laurie in Ca. said...

I love these pictures Stephanie. Just to know that you were surrounded by so much love eases my heart a little for you. Scott and Ashleys little man is adorable!! And of course, so are your kiddos. I thought about you so much on Thanksgiving and prayed that you would be blessed. One First down, many to go, but God will be faithful to bring you through each one with Grace and healing to your heart. I love you.

Laurie in Ca.
PS. Email to come soon.

her said...

Steph....I know you lean on the Eeverlasting arms of a mighty God! And b/c you do, He is pouring out His blessings on you and your children.

A long time ago, I heard a wise older man say that he was always glad when a trial came...b/c it was during those times, he knew God was close by.

A few years ago, we went thru a trial and I remembered that man from Texas....what a comfort to know in the midst of life's showers, God is closer than ever.

Keep walking, day by day and breath by breath...God is your sustainer...and God is using His people praying you through.

You have to know that you are loved alot! Hugs and kisses!

Joy, Ms. Debi O

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Thanksgiving turned out so well..loads of extra prayers from Texas...I have missed you all so much..oh and "Hitch" that cracks me up too!! I love Kevin James trying to learn to dance...I know different post, but I had to catch up and read back a bit....praying for the Ultimate Team!!!

God bless,
Zack attack

www.caringbridge.org/visit/zack/

My mom is on Facebook, although she has told me her page is quickly turning PG-13 due to her old friends (like I buy that..LOL)..anyway, she has "our" sense of humor and also lifts y'all up in prayer, it is probably under Saber Kline Tavlin..she has a blast on it!!!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hey Sweet Girl,

I am thinking about you tonight and sending lots of love to you. Keep putting one foot in front of the other as God holds your hands. Email to come, I don't have the grandkids tomorrow. I love you.

Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie. It's been a very long time since I have seen you. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. You are truly a remarkable person. It brings me comfort to know how strong your faith in Christ is. He does answer prayers and as you know has a plan for each and every one of us. Please know that I will be lifting you and your family up in my daily prayers. I am so glad that you have the support of so many. I hope that you will begin to feel some relief from the pain and sadness that you feel now. I have been so touched at all that I have read tonight. It is way past my bedtime but I have the biggest ache in my heart for you and your children. I wanted you to know that I care and you will always have a friend praying for you. May you be blessed as you have been a blessing to others.
Julie Woodall Westbrook