Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just an update on me...

I haven't updated in almost a week and although I am so very tired tonight, I was drawn here. Ally has had a double ear infection this week. She's been most demanding as any child would be with ears as bad as her ears. I think we've all been fighting off a cold all week. I pray we are all on the mends again as we are to leave for Disney in just a few days. All I can say is thank God for my mom! She has pulled extra shifts this week in helping me with the kids... especially Ally. By the way, I think Ally thinks that my mom is her mom. :) You have to remember that right after Ally was born, I was spending most of my time taking care of Jason. Nana was her main care provider. Ally literally lights up like a Christmas tree when Nana walks in the room and she ALWAYS chooses Nana over me. I joke with my mom about being offended by this, but truthfully I am most thankful.

I was able to sneak off to Jackson on Friday and shop at Mistletoe Marketplace with some friends. This was medicine to my soul. I enjoyed so much the laughter that came from being there. I saw several people that I haven't seen since Jason died and all were so encouraging to me. It's amazing how a small word of encouragement can be such healing for my soul.

Today I stayed home ALL day except for a quick bite to eat tonight with family. I don't think I have stayed home like this in weeks! I got a lot accomplished and that always makes me feel better. :) My mom and I hung some pictures tonight in some areas of the house. Having pictures hung on the wall really makes a house feel like home. I sat in the den tonight just looking around in total silence. I was so overwhelmed with so many emotions. I know I have said this before, but I so wish Jason could have been a part of this house. Not that I want to bring him back to this earth from heaven, but I just know he would have loved this house. At first after I bought the house, I thought that Jason wouldn't have been so crazy about it, but now that I have our 'stuff' in it, I know he would have loved it. I still have so many of his things and I am not sure really what I plan to do with them, but right now I just want them with me. In some ways, it brings me comfort.

I ran in Target one day this week to pick up a prescription for Ally. I needed to run in the back of the store for a particular item which required me to be near the Christmas section. Immediately, I began to hear Christmas music. Ouch and ouch. Again ouch. This has already happened once in Wal-mart. Could everyone just turn down the Christmas music when they see me coming?!?!? (Kidding, of course.) In a matter of seconds, I was crying uncontrollably. Jon Brent was with me... thank the Lord. The conversation went something like this:
"Mommy, you crying cause you miss daddy?"
"Yes, Jon Brent, I miss daddy."
"Mommy, don't fry. You told me we'd see daddy again one day."

Out of the mouths of babes. Here in Target my 3 year old son was encouraging me. All I could say was, "you are right, Jon Brent."

Today I received word of a precious sister in Christ whose dad has been diagnosed with AML . I hurt so deeply for this family. I hate so badly for anyone to have to walk down the road we have had to walk. As I tried to find the right words to encourage her with all that kept coming to mind was, Jesus will be faithful. Regardless of how bad the news gets, He is always there. Even in my darkest days, He has been faithful to meet me there. Looking back on my journey thus far, my God has been so incredibly faithful to me even in those emotional breakdowns in Target over Christmas music playing in the background. What blows my mind even more about God's faithfulness is that I don't deserve Him. I deserve hell, but because of His grace, I will one day walk with Jason on the streets of gold in the presence of our faithful Lord. How I long for that day!

I want to close with the lyrics of a song entitled "I Will Run to You." This song has become my prayer over the last several days. Click here to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2wCVcmYOU
Your eye is on the sparrow
And Your hand, it comforts me
From the ends of the Earth to the depth of my heart
Let Your mercy and strength be seen
You call me to Your purpose
As angels understand
For Your glory, may You draw all men
As Your love and grace demand
And I will run to You
To Your words of truth
Not by might, not by power
But by the spirit of God
Yes I will run the race'
Till I see Your face
Oh let me live in the glory of Your grace

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love y'all

BRAD

Anonymous said...

You know how I like to ponder heaven & what it will be like? After reading your post, I wondered if your "mansion in glory" will look like the new house so Jason could live in it, too. Not that you have a mansion by any stretch of the imagniation, but you get my point. Ya'll just remember to come visit Kristen in her double wide on the other side of the golden tracks. ;)

Love you very much!
Kristen

Laurie in Ca. said...

Loving you and praying for you Stephanie. I love that you are settling in and making your house your home. I know Jason would love it because he loves you so much. Just keep taking those baby steps each day and know God loves you deeply. I do too.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, it was so nice to SEE you today! WOOHOO! We actually MET!

I LOVE that Jon Brent was such a sweet encouragement to you!

My youngest child was 3 months pre term and was in NICU for 14 weeks. Two of those weeks I was back in the hospital for blood clots. So...Lee took care of me in ICU, my dad took care of Tautm, who was 2, and my mom took care of Campbell in NICU. It's all a very long story but campbell bonded with my Mom. When I got out of hospital, it was WEEKS before I could make it to NICU more than once a day so it was MOTHER mainly with Lee and Papaw mixed in. To this day he wants my mom over me! We also joke about it. In fact, he had surgery last year and wanted her!
We are blessed, aren't we!?

Praying for you!

Christi Cave

Shana said...

just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts frequently. i pray for you often, and know that the Lord is faithful.

shana

Carrie said...

It was 7 years ago that I lost my mom to cancer. A friend sent me this link to listen to this song. Thought of you when I listened. Hang in there...it still hurts 7 years later. But God is good and faithful. Hold on to that hope and the memories of your sweet Jason. And then praise Jesus this earth isn't home!
http://www.myspace.com/murfmurphymusic

Uncle D said...

Steph:

Just read last Saturday's blog, so forgive me for being behind. I also always read the comments, and when I read Kristen's, I began to pray about which Heaven treasure quote I wanted to share tonight.
I thought Helen Keller's quote on Heaven just might be appropriate, so look and listen to what her quote is. She said, "I believe
that in the life to come, I shall have the senses I have not had here, and that my home there will be beautiful with color, music, and the speech of flowers and faces
I love." Now, ain't that neat, and Ain't God Good!!!

Well, let's share one more gem with
you. Peter Marshall is quoted as saying, "Those we love are with the
Lord, and the Lord has promised to be with us. If they're with Him, and He's with us, they can't be very far away."

Just a reminder that I very much love you/yours, which means I pray for you reqularly, EVEN NOW!

See You at "The House", and let's all remind ourselves what Jesus said about Heaven in John 14: 1-6.

Uncle D

Unknown said...

Mrs. Cheeseburger - I finally figured out how to correspond with you! So many memories, so many thoughts this time of year and the Cheeseburger family has been so on my heart and in my prayers. Just wanted to let you know that I think of you more often than you could ever imagine. Luv, the Mueller mom