Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Papa Got a Brand New Book

(Papa and his grandchildren)




Well, Papa turned the big 60 today. Its hard to believe the decades go by so quickly. Papa spent some time tonight telling us how he spent the decades of his life and I thought I would share them with you.

He admitted to the family that he spent the first decade of his life wetting his bed. No, not the first year. Ten years. You would think after a few years he would have his bladder under control. At least he didn't have to worry about ruining clothes since he and his parents lived at a nudist colony.



In the next ten years, he got into a little mischief. At 12, he ran away and joined the traveling circus. That was too much work so he became a used car salesman at the age of 14. Needless to say, it went downhill from there. Hooked on crack at 16, he moved back home and began to pawn his parents big screen tv(22 inch, black and white) and mothball clothing. They finally got him sobered up and off to college.


His parents thought that they had straightened him up. He then decided to become a lawyer. They gave up. He was later blessed with two sons. He spent the next two decades trying to keep one of those sons from being a delinquent(yes, Jason). He came home several times to "that son" throwing a surprise party for him. Unfortunately, it was not supposed to be a surprise or a party. Because of that time, the Lord later blessed him with Bypass surgery.


The next two decades he continued taking care of sons, grandsons, and granddaughters. The time has definitely flown by. I would say that I hope he makes it another 60 years but lets not push it. I am not really fond of changing baby's diapers, much less old man diapers. I'll take another 40 though.




Lets go walking Mississippi




(Papa and his well trained dog)

BRAD
P.S. Papa did get a few books to read for his birthday.



7 comments:

her said...

I knew that was Brad after the first few sentences!

Happy Birthday Pa Weathers!

Joy, Debi O.

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day Papa! And it's GREAT to hear from you, Brad! Susan

The Metz Family said...

Papa is one of my favorite people in all the world..I hope he had a wonderful birthday cause he deserves it!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday PaPa Weathers!!
You're still young. Such a great looking gang you have.

Congrats to the author.

Kelly said...

Hey Steph and Brad! Steph I wanted to stop spying on you and let you know that I enjoy reading your blog! (Its me ReRe's friend Kelly) It was nice seeing you and spidey, butterfly, and the 70's girl this past weekend! Even if it was for like 30seconds. You are an inspiration to me and I pray and hope everyday that I can find comfort in the Lord the way you do. And I hope that I will raise my children to Love the Lord as yours do. Thank you for being you! (I do pray that you get a good night's sleep one day!)

the beach bum said...

Excellent, Brad! And Happy Birthday, Jon Mark! My only question is, how can such a young, good-looking guy as yourself already be 60?? *smile*

Anonymous said...

BRAD!!! Oh how I have missed your humor, it just lights me up!!! I am laughing, laughing and laughing some more....Pa Weathers must be one funny guy to have raised you and J...I was sitting (ok, standing trying to do a geometry project, which is ridiculous, but I digress)saying my prayers and as I got to the Weathers/Shows Ultimate Team, I thought...wow, I need to go to church (via Steph this time of year due to cold/flu season, thanks Steph) and I need to check on everyone and man, I miss Brad and Scott..Yes, I am reveling in the glorious Egg Bowl and definately feel we should have the Capitol One bowl, but I will happily take Cotton..there I go again, it has been too long, I am back, have missed all..God bless, or I should say, God continue to bless you all!!!

Zack attack

www.caringbridge.org/visit/zack/