Sunday, December 7, 2008

Before I begin with about what I intended to write about, I thought I'd share a few of the snapshots that I attempted to take of the kids after church today dressed in one of their Christmas outfits. Usually I would choose to only share the GOOD one(s), but tonight I decided to share some of the good ones as well as the not so good ones. I know many of you can relate to what it's like to try and get 3 kids to cooperate for a picture! I hope you enjoy...







He wanted some M&M's.


Jon Brent was done!


He was trying b/c I threatened him, but it didn't work...

Jon Brent decided he wanted to take a pic...he did good!
I am totally exhausted right at this moment after having had some very dear friends spend the weekend with me here in Hattiesburg. I have referred to them on this blog before, but let me refresh your memory. S.L.A.M. is what we named ourselves in junior high. It was cool then, well, maybe not, but we thought so anyway. :) Laney lives in McComb, Amy lives in Clinton, and Macy lives in Memphis. It is always a big undertaking to find a weekend that we can all escape our daily lives and be reunited. We have been most fortunate to be able to gather twice since September. I can't tell you how good it is to spend time with these friends.

(me, Laney, Amy, Macy)


We usually laugh so much that our sides hurt and this weekend was no different. Last night we sat around my kitchen table and the laughter subsided for a while and these great friends just let me talk and mainly cry. And they cried with me. This particular 'cry fest' began by one simple question and that was, "what is the hardest thing you struggle with right now?" Loneliness. I try so hard to stay super busy during the day... well, let me re-phrase that...I AM super busy during the day with 3 kids- no trying required. I dread the night time routine with a passion without Jason. Once the kids are in the bed, I miss Jason so badly and feel so very alone in this house. As I shared my hurt and struggles with them last night, they did exactly what I needed them to do and that was listen and cry with me. No advice or words of wisdom was needed. Their mere presence was the only medicine I needed. I have been so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing group of godly friends for so many years, but especially during the last year. I pray that one day I can minister to them the way they have all so willingly ministered to me in my greatest time of need. So, thank you girls for sacrificing time away from your family to be with me. Thank your sweet husbands for being super dads this weekend so that we could be together. The laughter was SO incredibly good for me as well as the tears. Also, thanks to Jason's parents and my parents for taking such good care of my 3 for the weekend. The date has been set for our next reunion and I am already looking forward to it!

7 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Sweetie,

I love these pictures of the kiddos. They are all great because they show how kids are!! Ally is a mini Jason and he shows up in every expression this girl puts out. A precious gift to you, tender and beautiful. I am so glad that you had the gang there at the house. I want to tell you that you probably ministered to them through your openness and tears, just as much as they ministered to you. With God, it comes full circle. You girls were on sacred ground and in the presence of the Lord. What beautiful friendships you share at this time. Thank you girls for being there for her when I wish I could do the same. Distance in miles here is just too much, but I am right there in my heart for you.
Blessings Stephanie, Huge Blessings is what I pray over you and the kids this Season, God loves you dearly and will provide what you need moment by moment. I hope your heart is full. I love you.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, thanks for sharing ALL those precious pictures of your 3 VERY PRECIOUS children! I know they are a tremendous blessing to you! So glad you got to spend much-needed time with your close friends--there is no greater blessing than having a very dear friend, and you have THREE! God is so good, isn't HE? I wish you and your family a Christmas filled with God's blessings & thankfulness for precious memories.

Janice Martin

Kelly said...

LOVE the pictures of the kids!! Sometimes friends are the best thing a girl needs!

her said...

Steph..thanks for the pictures of the kids...it is always great to see them. No apologies needed for "not quite quality" pictures....that is life! Beside that , one day you can proudly show these off to Jon's girlfriends!!!(snicker-snicker)

So glad you had time w/special friends. Also glad that ya'll cried together...tears are cleansing..

I will remember to pray more for you at night than the daytime.

All my love, Mrs. Debi O

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, those dadgum kids are so cute! I'm adding your blog to mine so I can keep up! I love seeing their clothes!!! Love, Katie

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Steph,

Just stopping by to let you know I am thinking about you and praying for you sweetie. And to check out the kids again too:) And to let you know I have my "you know what" up and running:) Hope to see you there.

I love you, Laurie

Dee Dee said...

Hey! Stephanie, friend of Amy's here, and so glad to know that you had a good weekend together, as if having a bad one together was possible. I'm sure the therapy was great for everyone involved!