Sunday, October 5, 2008

Praying for a better week...

Praise God for Monday! Well, not normally, but for me I am so needing a better week than I had last week. It was a crazy week for sure. I am sad to say that Brad's entry a couple of days ago was true. DHS will probably be contacting me soon. My parents hadn't been gone more than 4 or 5 hours when I locked Ally in the car. Thankfully, I was parked in my parents garage, but it was still a pretty hot afternoon. I was in total panic mode. By the way, we DID have an extra set of keys, but somehow in the move they've been lost. Anyway, thank the Lord for Brad. (I seem to be thanking God for him a lot here lately!) He can and does make things happen! He was too far away to get to us immediately, but he called another deputy with Lamar County and within minutes Deputy Lindsey saved the day!




Wednesday I went grocery shopping for the first time since Jason was diagnosed with leukemia. I have picked up a few items here and there, but I had not done a real 'Walmart run' in quite some time. When we left Naples, we gave away all food items because we weren't sure how long everything would be in storage. I even had to start over with spices, etc. Not sure why I felt like I needed those items right now because I haven't cooked a meal in months either. Maybe soon I will get back to cooking. Anyway, going to Walmart is stressful enough without throwing in my crazy emotions. I am not sure what happened to me in the bread section, but I totally lost it when I went to reach for the bread that Jason liked to eat. I am sure I looked certifiably crazy while crying over Nature's Own wheat bread. After I purchased LOTS of groceries and loaded them in my car, I began to drive away from Walmart still in tears. I kid you not, the song that was playing on the radio was "How Do I Live Without You?" I don't even like that song, but I tortured myself by not changing the station. I really felt like someone was playing a real mean joke on me because the next song was "All By Myself." I finally got it together enough to laugh at myself. Silly love songs on adult contemporary radio stations... NO MORE! I am revolting.





Wednesday night is when Anna Lea decided to climb on the top of her bed post. I have to admit that I accused her of being too emotional after the fall. I was convinced it wasn't broken, rather her acting a little dramatic. She most definitely inherited that trait from me. When she woke up crying in pain at 11:00 p.m., I knew we had a situation. So, off to the ER we went. My friend Susan went with us because she was afraid I might be emotional visiting the ER this soon after Jason's passing. She was right. Brad did join us and I was most thankful for that. (Do you see the reason I am continually thanking the Lord for Brad?) When we arrived in the ER we were immediately greeted by a kind nurse who had worked with Jason. She began to express her sympathy to us and told me that she had kept up with our journey on caring bridge. Of course, she expressed her love for Jason and how much everyone enjoyed working with him. After a quick triage, they moved us to another room and wouldn't you know it...we were put in the SAME room that they put Jason in when he came after going into cardiac arrest. My lucky day. Anna Lea over heard us talking about the fact we were in the same room and she immediately began to ask questions. Although we were 'bugged' out completely by this room placement, Anna Lea thought it was way cool that she was in the same room that her daddy had been in. I wish I could be 6 again.



Thursday came and went with no real crisis other than having to take Anna Lea to the orthopedic physician in regards to her arm. Thankfully a cast was not needed, but a sling for 3 weeks. Anna Lea was disappointed about this. Her mom was not!



Friday came and praise God my parents came home! I have never been so glad to see my mom and dad. What I discovered while they were gone is that I am a very needy individual! I know for those reading that know me well are not at all shocked at this statement. Having 3 kids and being 'single' is by far the hardest job I have ever encountered. Throw in trying to get settled in a new house and feel my misery! Kidding, of course. It was a tough week, but I made it with the help of other family and friends.



I am not sure where I am in the grief process, but this move has triggered so many emotions that I hadn't encountered as of yet. I have noticed that I tend to have very little patience right now. I hate that my sweet kids sometimes get the brunt of that. Actually, Comcast got the brunt on Friday. My kids don't deserve my frustrations with life right now, but Comcast most definitely deserves it!



Monday starts another week. Another week without sweet Jason. How I miss him so much. Everything about him I miss. Even the things that bugged me sometimes. Jason would constantly make little 'to do lists' and leave them laying all over the house. While unpacking a box this week a couple of those lists fell out of a notebook of his. The lists usually included music he wanted to download or books he wanted to read. Sometimes tasks such as having the oil changed in the car or paying bills, but my heart broke when I read, "take Anna Lea on a date." He was always so faithful to spend lots of time with the kids even in midst of a very stressful school schedule. How I hate they will no longer benefit from this incredible daddy of theirs.



Once again I am in need of your prayers. I feel so very lonely so much of the time. Alone even in the midst of lots of people sometimes. I assume this is very normal, but it indeed hurts like nothing else I have ever experienced. For now I will continue to press on and cling ever so tightly to our Savior. He's the only constant I have right now. Oh, how incredibly faithful he continues to be!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just drove by the house and you didn't have your front porch light on; what is your problem woman? Light is your friend, especially when I am not next door. Love ya'll!

BRAD

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you.... Tammy Rush

sheabetmc said...

Good Morning!
I am praying for you daily. I wish we could have visited more at the game Saturday...maybe soon. Stay strong in your faith...it is very encouraging to me.

Amy said...

You are NOT needy any more than the rest of us are. You just (and always have) enjoyed sharing life with your family. And, remember, I am thanking God, because I believe that is another one of His provisions for you. He knew you would need to be that way. If you can't see it, though, let me point out that you are proving over and over that you are capable of handling even the worst of circumstances all by yourself. I love you lots and I will call Friday morning. We really want to come by and see you and the house. It will probably be shortly after lunch. Love you, Amy

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's like that commercial - " life comes at you fast". Too fast.
You are doing an amazing job Steph. Just keep holding on to HIM and HE will see you thru. But, you already knew that.
It's wonderful that Brad and Re are close by. Hope he doesn't teach JB everything he knows.
love,hugs, and prayers

Laurie in Ca. said...

Sweet Stephanie,

I am praying for a better week for you too. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? Someday you will look back on it and laugh but probably not right now. I am so sorry for the loneliness you are in right now. It must all seem so overwhelming right now and I am glad your parents are home now. I am glad for Brad too. He may be crazy but he does take action.
I hope this week is uneventful for you and peace starts to settle into your new home. I love you my friend.

Laurie in Ca.

Becky said...

This week will be better if only because NANCY'S BACK!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! (a little selfishly, I might add...I need her, too, ya know)

The Metz Family said...

Stephanie-
i enjoyed visiting with you and rere at the game. mallory enjoyed obsessing over jon mark, and even asked me yesterday if jon mark was going to the pumpkin patch with us. i figured he had other things to do so we didn't call him to invite him. (lazy-acres is so fun, by the way). Anyway, you continue to be a source of inspiration to me. I told bethany at the game saturday that i read and reread all of your posts as i do hers, to remind me of the faith we all should have everyday. Thank you, thank you, for continuing to be a light on all of our paths...
love!

Vicki said...

I began reading (never commented) your thoughts on Caringbridge (not sure how I got there, but God has His ways). I need to hear all that you have to say through your grief process...all the normal things that you do and how they affect you. You see, I am a Mentor Mom in our MOPS group (in Texas) and a young mom in my group last year has gone through a similar situation. You would not believe how similar by the diagnosis date, disease, and delivery of a baby during this difficult season, and now the homegoing of her husband. She is rather introverted and does not express her feelings as well as you do. It is so helpful to know what one is going through so that others can see needs maybe before they even become a need. God is using you in a way that you may not have realized so keep the faith and keep on writing.

A Texas sister in Christ,

Vicki Miller

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, you may not remember me, but I attended USM and went to Temple about the same time as you. You were always so kind to me. I am sorry I cannot do more for you, but I am praying for you. I live in Alabama now, but I read your blog, and my bible study group prays for you. My sister has 20 month old twin girls that I keep sometimes. I cannot imagine the task of raising children as a single mom. I am praying for comfort and strength for you.

Anonymous said...

Just to make you laugh:

I had a lady call the other night(she is coo coo for cocoa puffs) and she went on and on about her son hanging out with this gay guy who was a bad influence. She talked bad about gay people for about 5 minutes and then I sprung it on her that my dad was gay(sorry dad, your secret is out). She was speechless and hung up on me. Problem solved. I didn't really lie; my dad is happy

Unknown said...

Sorry Steph -tonight most of the prayers are going Brad's way, for obvious reasons.
(Thanks for being back Brad)

Anonymous said...

Steph - i have been keeping up with you since i found jason's CB site (through God's amazing grace of course). thank you for sharing with us. isn't it awesome how we think we could never deal with something but when it happens, we do (somehow) survive! i am still amazed every time i realize that i have lived in the bay area of CA for six years now. my husband and i came out here in april 2002 so i could do a 3 month traveling assignment (i am a speech pathologist). i left my house and all of my 'stuff' in baton rouge b/c i thought i was going home in 3 mos...i literally came out here crying (kicking and screaming at times) - i did NOT want to come out here but couldn't find a job in the baton rouge area!! my husband nearly sent me home two weeks after we arrived b/c i cried so much! and now i am STILL here. go figure. i can't believe it but i know He has his plan for me.

you are truly an inspiration to me!

God Bless You
Sue de Tarnowsky in Alameda, CA

her said...

Love you Steph! Enjoy your weekend....PS...Steve enjoys all the little political emails your dad sends him...

Praying for you and the kids!

Maybe you need to write abook about what you are going thru now...my dearest friend in texas did that in the form of poems when her husband died suddenly. She would write the poem then call me to read it, we would both cry and then after a few months she put it in book form!

Just a suggestion...if anything, it's a way to communicate life to your children as they get older.

Joy, Debi O.