Sunday, September 21, 2008


It's been a few days since I have written. I had a very fun, but busy weekend. The picture you see to the side was taken at the USM game yesterday. We attempted to actually watch the game until the rain decided to ruin the day. The kids enjoyed themselves regardless of the crummy weather.

On Friday night I went to a Tri Delta reunion. It was so good to catch up with some old friends. Old... might not be the correct choice of words. Let me re-phrase that statement. It was so good to catch up with some college friends. They were all were so encouraging to me in regards to the loss of Jason. Jason loved so many of these girls. There was even a great 80's band that played. J also loved some Poison, Guns and Roses, etc. Because of this great music, he was thought of often during the night.


I found myself having a hard time in church today. Some Sundays are harder than others and today ranked as a very hard one. Music plays a huge role in my life as it did for Jason, too. A couple of the songs we sang today brought on great emotion. At one point I was so desperately wishing I was all alone with the Lord rather than being in a corporate worship experience. By God's grace, I made it through.


I covet your prayers over the next several days. I have recently made a very BIG decision for my family, but this decision has not been made without lots of prayers. I am buying a house. A very good thing I am certain, but also a very overwhelming thing. It would be overwhelming even with Jason here with me. God has provided a great opportunity for me to be neighbors with Brad and Sherri. They are also buying a new house. Two houses side by side that I believe were built just for us! I am so incredibly thankful for their commitment to me and the kids. The emotions I feel tonight as I am embark on this new chapter of my life are so mixed. Excited for the new beginnings, but sad that we are taking this giant step without Jason. Not at all how I envisioned this move a year ago. Last fall I started getting very excited about moving back to Hattiesburg when Jason graduated from anesthesia school. I would spend hours and hours online looking for that perfect house. Jason and I would spend even more time talking about the type of house we desired. Here I am a year later taking this giant step without Jason.


My parents have been more than gracious by allowing us to live with them since January, but I know it is time for me and the kids to take this enormous step. I am forever grateful for their numerous sacrifices and all the love they continue to give to me and my children. Our entire family has been so supportive over the last 8 months and I will never be able to thank them adequately.


A new day begins tomorrow for me, Anna Lea, Jon Brent and Ally. I look forward to sharing more as the week unfolds, but until then, I thank you in advance for your prayers.


You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! Great days are ahead for us and the kids. See ya today.

Love ya'll

Anonymous said...

Okay, sorry to take up another comment but I thought you would find this funny. I get a call to go the community center last night around 9 pm for a fight in progress. We get there and there are about 40 people in parking lot in red and white tuxedos, etc screaming at each other. We get them seperated and find out it is a wedding reception and it was family members fighting over a cell phone. We are about to leave when the lovely bride comes out screaming at another lady and says "hold my baby". Even I can't make that up. Hilarious!

What's my point? No matter how mad I make you, just remember, I didn't fight or steal your cell phone at your wedding reception.

the beach bum said...

I'm excited for you too, Stephanie. I'll not say that I know what you're feeling, because I can't possibly know that. But I can imagine...and will be praying today & this week. I had also spent some time being excited pondering y'all's return to the Burg. Not quite how I imagined it...It's interesting that you mention yesterday morning in church; for reasons unknown, I thought very much about Jason & how much I had looked forward to working in the tech booth with him. This led to remembering how much fun it was in the old days in the gym's tech booth. Just know that, despite how 2008 unfolded, I'm glad you & the posse are here now.
And you did choose a pretty awesome Mom & Dad & brother, didn't you? *grin*
Love,
Mike

her said...

Stephanie...I will be praying for you inthis new journey...buying a house is always stressful but how very cool to be next door neighbors w/family!!!!! Jason would of loved that alot!!
Please send me a Christmas card this year from your new address.

Your parents are great folks....that is why you and Scott are such great folks...I always told Shana and Jill (when they were dating) the apple never falls to far from the tree...and you are evidence of that motto..

You go girl! All my best wishes and prayers for your family!

Love and Joy, Debi O

her said...

Special request....Brad you need to start your own personal blog OR enter into Stephanies...once a week....this story was so funny but so very sad at the same time. I am sure you have hundreds of them.
I know many of us miss your humor...so entertain us once in awhile.

Joy, Debi Ogle

Becky said...

SOOOOOO excited for you today! What an exciting step. I'm so thankful for the strength and courage God has given you. Enjoy this wonderful day.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Oh Stephanie,

This is exciting news that can be a little hectic too, but God is leading you, I just know it. And with Brad as your neighbor, hey, what could go wrong?:) I miss Brads humor too and think he should have a "Wordless Wednesday" spot on here and he can yack his brains out here. I don't know if that sounds right, yack like chatting. I love you girl and am praying for you each day, asking the Lord to continue to light your path. I know He is. Praying for your house.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Unknown said...

You guys all know that Cheeseball (a.k.a. Brad) and I have a well documented feud ongoing. I will take a momentary moment for truce and offer him a sincere and heart felt thanks for taking my sister and "them kids" under his wing. I love my sister more than life, but I don't think she would want me as her neighbor. However, she is so exicited about living next to ReRe and Brad. Brad is an okay dude for such a . . . Oh, wait a minute. This was supposed to be nice. Brad, thank you. Now . . . back to hating on each other.

Leslie said...

we will be continuing to pray for you this week...including specific prayers for this step you are taking.

odomfamilyfun said...

It was so great to see you, Old Friend, wait, College Friend, this weekend :) I am so glad you will be getting a house though it was not how you had envisioned things, it is exactly how God planned it---he has a plan for everything! We are constantly praying for you and your little ones ;)
Much Love,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

Well, Stephanie, this is a big, bold step, and a wonderful sign of positive progress, as difficult, and sad as it may be having to do this without sweet Jason. I don't know whether to congratulate you on being next door to Brad, or offer my condolences!!! I am just kidding on that one. I know you all will be well protected, and stay in stitches alot of the time having him next door. What a wonderful thing it is that you all could find two "just right" abodes right next door to each other. Obviously, this is a God thing. I will help pray you through this move and setting up housekeeping in this environment that is totally and completely against anything you ever dreamed possible. What a challenge to do this alone, though you will certainly not be alone in this. I am sure you will be covered up with assistance, and I know you will be blanketed in prayer. As always, praying for you and your family, carolyn laster

Amy said...

You know I am so happy for you. And, I am so thankful for the many family members you have stepping up and taking care of you and the kids.

God's provision for you right now is amazing. This week will certainly be difficult for you, and I will be praying. But, when you have opportunities to stop and just be thankful that God has chosen to bless you in this way, take the time to do it.

I CAN NOT wait to come see the house. I know you and Nancy will have it completely set up in about 2 days. I love you lots. Amy