Sunday, September 28, 2008

55 Belletower Turn



Well, 55 Belletower Turn is home. Well, sort of...our furniture is there, but we aren't actually living there yet. Soon, very soon. It seems as if this move has taken us FOREVER. The problem being I had stuff all over Hattiesburg. :) Mainly in storage, but a lot at my parents while other stuff at Jason's parents. Whew...we're tired to say the least. By the way, let me thank my parents ONCE again. They have gone above and beyond for me... again. I think this it, though. Just kidding. My dad did joke and tell me not to ask him to move us anytime soon. He and my mom have moved us 3 times in less than 3 years. I pray I don't have to ask them anytime soon.



I know I have mentioned this several times, but it bears mentioning once again. My mom and dad have sacrificially given me and the kids SO much. My entire life they have done without to give to me and Scott. This time is no different. I am eternally grateful for the love they have not just expressed verbally, but shown me. I pray that I will be this giving to my own children. Pray for them as they are about to take a much needed vacation together ALONE without 3 children or me for that matter. I am so glad for them to be able to escape and I assure you that it couldn't come at a better time. I imagine they will sleep a lot! They deserve this and so much more. Thanks again, mom and dad. Those words seem so inadequate, but it's all I have right now. I love you both more than any words could possibly express.



The kids and I hope to be sleeping at the house very soon. We are awaiting window coverings and then 55 Belletower will be our new home. Remember, Brad and Sherri are our neighbors and I don't think they want to know EVERYTHING that goes on at our house! Hence the reason we await window coverings...:)


Lots of emotions experienced while going through Jason's things. Some of his things are still packed away for now, while others are there for the duration. I cried a lot, but laughed as well. Some things I found made me once again proud that he was my husband. For example, I finally got my hands on his study Bible. What comfort that brought me to read his writing around God's words. Seeing the way God spoke to him in written form is priceless. I assure you I will treasure this as long as I live. As I flipped through God's word, I was once again thankful to our Lord. Thankful because at the very moment that I was reading so much about our Savior, my sweet Jason was experiencing Him live and in person! His faith is sight!



I have so much to share as I haven't written in several days, but right at this moment Ally is most ready to eat. She would prefer that I save it for another day so that is what I will do. Thank you for your prayers over the last week. I assure you, they have been felt!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Stephanie. In time, this will be home, and Jason, with his "in person" God, will get you through this and to the settled and adjusted phase. Rest assured that HE and Jason are watching over you and the children, and guiding every step that you are taking, and I am quite sure, they, along with JM and Peggy, will step up in a big way while your parents are away. Loved the new pictures. You take care, and take some time for yourself. Always on my heart and in my prayers, carolyn laster

Anonymous said...

I know you are exhausted. I am still lifting you up in prayer daily. Clay & I love the pictures of the kids. Ally especially cracked us up. Clay said she looks like Jason in a dress. Love you much. The same goes for your parents. Tell them hello from us. Talk soon!
Kristen

Carly Winborne said...

Hi Stephane! I just read Kristen's comment about Clay saying Ally looked like Jason in a dress. I personally think that's an understatement of the year. My jaw dropped when your site came up and I saw that child. She looks just like him! What a blessing that is. I am still praying for you and will keep it up! I sure hate I missed seeing you last weekend at the Tri Delta reunion! I was there in spirit. :)
Love, Carly

odomfamilyfun said...

Oh your sweet children are just darling! Love those outfits you have on the girls ;) You will see that same outfit on Caroline when I get my Fall pics posted---we have the same taste...hahha!
I am praying for you and the kids during this move!

her said...

The I's have it...Ally is every bit her daddy!

And your porch looks great! I am so happy for you and impressed over your strength on how God is carring you thru such a time as this.

Keep it up girl! You are doing a great job!!!

Joy, Debi O.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see God's leading and provision of this home for you and your precious family. I am praying for physical strength and renewal as you continue to "settle in". Praying for grace and peace as you continue to face the sadness of missing Jason. Press on! Love you, Janice

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I am so proud for you-- having a place of your own!! I know your parents haven't minded having ya'll stay with them--I'm not a parent, but I was blessed with Christian parents like yours, and they never thought twice about helping me & my sisters with anything we needed.
The pictures of the kids are so adorable! How blessed you are to have the beautiful family Jason left you, and I know you thank God every day for them.
I pray God's richest blessings on your new home and on you, Anna Lea, Jon Brent, and Ally as you move in to start a different phase of your life!!!

Love, Janice Martin

Anonymous said...

I guess it wouldn't hurt to wait for your window coverings. I forgot to tell you that I only use the bathroom outside in the yard like Mikey. I will do it in your yard around 0730 in the morning so all of the school traffic will think the freak lives at your house. Moved in, kind of, and waiting for some rugrats next door.

BRAD

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,

I have not logged on in awhile, it seems Sept. has slipped by. I'm sure for you too, especially with the move. Your kids are so precious. I'm praying for ya'll and for the new move to go smoothly. I think its wonderful you will have your family for neighbors. From the picture, your home looks so beautiful, I love the trees in the back.

I wanted to tell you, 4 yrs ago my mom passed away and afterwards my Mother-In-Law gave me a wonderful book about Heaven. It describes Heaven, what it looks like. Since then, I have read several books about Heaven, I so wanted to know all about where my mom was. They all pretty much describe the same thing, which gives me great comfort. I don't know if you would be interested in that book, if its the right time for you or if you even have the time right now to read. If so I wanted to give you my email if your interested and it won't hurt my feelings one bit if your not, I understand.(diana_f_lynn@tx.rr.com)

In Him,
Diana

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you. I just have to let you know this is a big step, but having Brad and Re-re next door must help a lot. There is so much I'd love to say, but for now just know if you need ANYTHING please call.
The luvbugs on the front porch are just too cute.
love,hugs and prayers

Uncle D said...

we think about you often. Uncle D.

Uncle D said...

Steph:

This is a test to see if I know how to do this.

Uncle D

Uncle D said...

Steph:

Do you get the feeling that your Aunt Nancy (or Nance, as I call her) is walking me through this process? I'm a bit more than just technologically challenged.

Been praying about what I could do to help you through this next phase
in your life. Noticed that you've been thinking a lot about Heaven here lately, so I thought I would share some of my favorite quotes about Heaven.

"If I find in myself a desire in which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world", C.S. Lewis.

Thought I would share a new one about once a week for the next few weeks or so.

Love y'all in a Big Way, and we continue to pray for you regulary, even now.

See You At "The House",

Uncle D, aka Hondo BigRoundo

P.S. Your parents are pretty swell folks ain't they? I personally am a Big Believer that God also chose to bless you with a mighty fine Big Brother

Anonymous said...

Thanks Uncle D. Love you big guy. Brad is such a cheeseball. Just saying.

Steph, I thought of J alot today. I am not sure why, but it may have been triggered by your text from the grocery store.

He is enjoying Heaven, and I am merely jealous. At the same time, I could sure use one of those silent belly laughs Scott Hall referred to at his celebration service.

Only my sister could warrant the unconditional love of such an awesome dude. I wish I had told him that every day since 1993.

Stay strong sis. We have your back.

Scott

Anonymous said...

nuts putting a house address on the web when you have children, do you know what I would love to do to your little girls? It involves their tight littlepussy's mum