Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Anna Lea's blog

Anna Lea and I spent a few minutes this a.m. on the porch just talking about Jason. Jon Brent was busy playing with something and Ally was napping at my moms. We had a great talk. Laughed some and cried more. She misses Jason so much, but overall she really is doing remarkable. I am so thankful to our Lord for this. She really loves "making up" stories in her journal so after our talk, I asked her if she wanted to write something about her daddy for me to include in the blog. She was MOST eager. It took her a long time, but she seemed to really enjoy it. I only helped her spell a few words. Well, maybe more than a few, but who's counting! This is a small glimpse into her little mind in regards to her daddy.





This is Anna Lea.

Me and my daddy always watched movies together. And then we would take a nap. I love my daddy because he was sweet. I think about daddy every night. Once me and daddy went to eat together at panera bread and we had so much fun. We would go on dates like that together a lot. He took me to lots of movies. Just me and him. Mom would stay with Jon Brent when he was a baby. I am sad that he can't take me on dates anymore. A couple of days ago I dreamed that daddy came back to earth. He could not stay long then he went back to heaven. He looked the same but he had hair. Just like he used to have. Hair on the sides. He said Anna Lea I love you. I am so glad to see you again. Then Ally walked in the room and said daddy! Jon Brent ran and hugged daddy. My mom came in the room and she was crying. That was all about my dream. I am so glad that I had a daddy like him. I miss him so much. I miss his hugs. I miss him being around me a lot. I miss all of the silly things he did. I miss the silly things mom would get on to him about. I miss playing on the computer with my daddy. We would play games and listen to fun music. Daddy's favorite music was Jimmy Buffet and my favorite music was Wake Up by Hillary Duff. We would turn it up loud and dance and mommy would get mad because sometimes the music was rock and roll. It would be so loud. It was fun. I miss daddy so much. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I smile when I think about him. I hope he misses me. I know I will see him again one day. That makes me really happy.

18 comments:

Always a Southern Girl said...

Oh how sweet. It brought tears to my eyes to read it. I miss my sweet Daddy too and I am 41 years old! I can only imagine how she feels.

Yes sweetie, we will see our sweet Daddy's again. Hold on tight to those wonderful memories!

BrendaStrider said...

Oh Steph....tears are running down my face as I read that precious letter from your sweet girl....I know she misses her daddy something fierce...I miss my daddy every day and I had him around till I was 34....I can't even begin to imagine how she is processing this loss in her world. I am so very proud of her for choosing to serve Jesus in a very real way even at such a tender age....what an example her mama is of looking UP when all around you is confusion....I love y'all and I will continue to pray that God will show Himself in very tangible ways to your children as their hearts continue to heal....Hang in there, my friend and thanks for sharing your heart with us on this blog...always an inspiration!!

Erin said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing Anna Lea! We are praying for your family so often!

taterbugs said...

Anna Lea, I know your daddy is so proud of you! You are such a sweet, kind and very smart young lady. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us about your daddy. Love, Ms. Susan

Becky said...

Anna Lea...I loved reading this story about your daddy. He was so much fun, and I think it's great that y'all got to do so many special things together that you can remember forever. You are a great writer...just like your mom!

Kelly said...

That has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever read in my entire life!!! Steph, you must be so proud of her. I loved that she said that she smiles sometimes when she thinks of her Daddy!!

Great job Anna Lea! Thank your for sharing some of your wonderful memories of your Daddy!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this! Like some of the other commenters, I miss my dad every single day and he was in my life for 20 years. Like Anna Lea, sometimes I cry, but now I smile most of the times that I think of him.

Years from now, Anna Lea (and you) will be SO glad that you posted this. It will be great to re-read it in the future and recall again all the good memories of Jason.

Christy Daniell said...

That was really nice of you to write about your daddy. I miss him to. You are the best friend ever.

from Reagan

Brandi Bumpas said...

Great Job Anna Lea - you are wise beyond your years. I think its wonderful that you and your daddy got to do so much together and I am proud that you are able to remember them so vividly. Keep those memories alive forever... talk about them often. You seem like such a sweetheart. I know your daddy is looking down smiling on his precious lil girl!!!

Jessica said...

Anna Lea... Your daddy is so proud of you and I know he is smiling down on you from Heaven! What a precious precious letter!

Stephanie - I think of you often. Your children are precious! Your faith is so real! It inspires me to be better... a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better Christian.

Anonymous said...

Anna Lea, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful memories of your special Daddy! My daddy has gone to heaven, too. I had him in my life for over 40 years, and it hurt so bad when he died from cancer, but it makes me happy to think of him in heaven. Knowing I will see him again makes me able to do without him here on earth with me. The very best thing about my Daddy is remembering how much he loved me--your Daddy loved you, too, SO MUCH!
You are a very wise little girl--I pray for you & your family all the time. You, your mom, John Brent, and Ally are loved very much by SO MANY people.

Janice Martin

Kara said...

Anna Lea - What a precious tribute to your daddy! I know your Mommy will treasure that forever...and I can just see your Daddy reading from Heaven and smiling from ear to ear! :)

NIKKI said...

Anna Lea,
You are so sweet to share your special memories of your daddy with all of us!

Stephanie,
What an amazing girl you have!! Wise beyond her years!

Emily said...

God bless sweet Anna Lea! May she always have dates with her daddy in her dreams! What perfect dreams! Thank you for sharing that with us, Anna Lea!

Brett and Heather said...

That is adorable!

Unknown said...

How precious are the thoughts of a child. Praying for you and your family!

Sydney Sanders said...

Anna Lea,

You are such a wonderful writer! I'm so happy to hear of these special memories you had with your daddy. I know for sure he misses you and watches you and Jon Brent and "Baby Lally" every day. I love you so much, girl. I'd love to hear you blog some more!

Amanda said...

Stephanie
My name is Amanda...I am friends with Rachel Davis and have followed your story off and on...your story has touched me over and over and over...and today I actually stumbled back upon your blog through...I don't even know where...God brought me here...He knew I needed ministering to!! This little letter to Jason made me weep...it reminds me so much of my oldest and her Daddy...
You have a beautiful family...
Hugs,
Amanda
www.thelittlerockbrowns.blogspot.com
ps. I think I knew your brother at Ole Miss!