Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Jon Brent

Four years ago tonight sweet Jon Brent Weathers was preparing to make his grand entrance into the world. I woke up around 3 a.m. that Saturday, May 28, because I couldn't sleep as I was most uncomfortable. Shortly after I awoke, I realized that it was time to head to the hospital...my water broke! I woke Jason and told him that it was time to go and his response was, "are you sure?" Of course I was sure! At 7:53 a.m. Jon Brent arrived! So perfect with such pretty lips and his daddy's nose. Actually, everything about him looked like Jon Jason! See for yourself:

We were so very excited that God saw fit to give us this beautiful baby boy. Jason was most proud to be a daddy to a son and immediately began calling Jon Brent his buddy. He really was the most perfect baby. He would just sit and look around as if to be taking the world in around him. It wasn't until he was about 9 months old that his real personality started to shine. His expressions were and continue to be so animated and his love for life is HUGE. He is somewhat sensitive and can become emotional if/when life doesn't go his way, but he gets that honestly from me. He is much like his daddy in that he loves order with his things. He likes for everything to be in their place. Even when he eats a snack he sometimes will line the food on his plate in perfect order. The older he gets, the more he looks like Jason. What a blessing! He does have my brown eyes, but all other features are more like his daddy's. One of the most unique traits of Jon Brent is his voice. He only knows one volume and that is LOUD! Jon Brent lives life LOUDLY! Jason was much like this as well...ha! Those that knew Jason well know that is a joke for sure.

Lots has happened in the life of this sweet little boy over the last 4 years. A move to Naples, Jason's diagnosis of leukemia, a move back to Hattiesburg, the birth of a baby sister, and less than 2 months after his 3rd birthday, the death of his sweet daddy. Jon Brent has remained such a joy to all of us during all of these MAJOR transitions. He talks of his daddy daily. He remembers some things about Jason on his own and loves it when I remind him of special things his daddy would do with him. He asks lots of questions about why Jason had to go to heaven, but he is always accepting of all the unknowns. He believes with his whole heart that Jason rides motorcycles in heaven!!! Ha! I have no idea where he comes up with such things...

I strolled down memory lane tonight looking at pictures of the last four years of Jon Brent's life to include in this entry. I hope you enjoy looking back with me.

Happy Birthday, Jon Brent! Thank you for the JOY you have brought and continue to bring into my life. I am so blessed to be your mom. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! I pray you will always choose the path of righteousness. I pray you will love God's word deeply and seek Him all the days of your life. I love you THIS much! :)













9 comments:

Always a Southern Girl said...

What a beautiful little boy! He does look so much like his daddy.

I hope he has a very happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

A very special tribute to that adorable little Jon Brent. I hope that you are making "hard copies" of this journey of journaling. What a treasure this will be for your children in years to come. Thank you for continuing to share. I always look forward to receiving a therapy session from you. I hope that you experience some wonderful joy today. Always praying for all of you. Carolyn Laster

Amy said...

I went to bed last night thinking that some child I knew had a birthday today. You know Mom's birthday was yesterday, Ms. Stella's today, and my brain had made the connection that one of the children in my life shared this day also. Glad you posted so that I could figure it out.

Happy birthday to a precious boy.

Love you,
Amy

Laurie in Ca. said...

~~*Happy Birthday Jon Brent".

Oh I just love all of these pictures Stephanie. Such a great tribute to your little mans 4th birthday!:) I especially love the purple marker legs and the bowed head.:) "The Color Purple" shows royalty:) My Isaac just turned 4 on the 26th. I know you made his day special and he knows how much he is loved. I love you Steph and am praying for you sweetie.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, THAT is one beautiful child! All three of your children are! But Jon Brent.... So cute!

I can relate to living life LOUD! Both of my boys are LOUD! ALL OF THE TIME!

Happy Birthday Jon Brent!

Christi Cave

Anonymous said...

I think he still looks like Jason! I like Carolyn's idea of keeping the blog in hard copy form for the kids. They are blessed to have you as their mother!
Love
CHRISTY

Becky said...

As I was scrolling down, I was waiting with great anticipation for the famous marker picture. Thanks for not letting me down! That one is always good for a laugh

taterbugs said...

Happy Birthday precious, sweet and loud little boy! You are one of a kind! We love you lots! The Millers

Anonymous said...

Stephanie.
Thanks for continuing to do your "Therapy" It is theraputic for so many of us as well. Jon Brent is gets more cute every day....and looks so much like Jason did when he was little. But Jason was MUCH quieter. Aren't you happy that God gave you the gift of this vision of Jason. A special gift just for you to remind you of the joy you two shared. Still praying for you daily...and the kiddos.
Cathy W