Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Part Blog Entry

PART ONE
Ally's 1st birthday party was finally accomplished after 2 cancellations due to a lingering stomach virus that would not leave our house. Family gathered Sunday night after church for cake and fun. Just thought I'd post a few pictures as well the actual Happy Birthday song to Ally. NOTE: I've been told by some friends that it is obvious we are from the south by the way we sing DAY. :) I think you will hear when you click on video.

























PART TWO


I don't want my words to get in the way tonight of what I really want to share. And I really struggled with whether I should even include Ally's birthday pictures, etc. in this blog. I recently heard Chris Tomlin's new song entitled "I Will Rise" and was totally blown away by the words. Then, I saw a video clip of how the song came to be and once again was blown away by how our Lord has used man to minister so deeply to my soul. Please click on the following and listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8w7mGug0c. You really don't want to miss this video!
As I listened to this song the words..."Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed...the victory is won! He is risen from the dead. I will rise, when He calls my name. No more sorrow, no more pain! I will rise on eagles wings, before my God, fall on my knees.

I can only imagine when Jason's name was called by our Savior...he rose and there was no more sorrow, no more pain! Oh, how I long for my name to be called one day! Friends, because HE overwhelmed the grave, it CAN be well with your soul! Do you know Him? Is it well with your soul? How I'd love nothing more than to introduce my Jesus to you! Please email me at stephanieweathers@hotmail.com so I can share more with you or pray with you. Nothing would thrill me more!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration and I love you to death! "You Will Rise" is now my favorite song! Thanks Stephanie for your encouraging words. May God bless you and your precious family!

Anonymous said...

There is a difference between us & the angels we will be joining in song. We know the power of salvation. They sing because of who He is! We sing because of who He is & and what He's done. He has saved us from the depths of sin & shame. We should be singing louder than the angels. I can't wait to raise my voice one day. I assure you I won't be out sung!!!
I love you so very much,
Kristen

Always a Southern Girl said...

You have such a beautiful spirit! God is using you in wonderful ways. Ally is such a treasure.Take care--Renee

her said...

Funny Steph...the accent on DAY was no surprise to me but I could pick out your momma's voice! I told Steve, that's Nancy, then her sleeve came into the video!

We love ya all down there in the great land of MS. HATTIESBURG IS MS. BEST KEPT SECRET!

Also I will listen to my favorite Chris Tomlin..but have you heard the words to MercyMe's "Empty Me"?

It is awesome!

Joy, Ms Debi

the beach bum said...

Good stuff, as usual, Steph. Great song. Ironically, I just heard it earlier this week on a pandora web radio station.

On a lighter note, I'm digging the 3rd pic from the bottom. Looks like he's sayin' "you want a piece of me? Huh? You want some of this?" ;-)

Anonymous said...

http://mythreekids.wordpress.com/

Check out her website...she is going through the same thing, 3 kids and recent loss of husband.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Love all the pictures of Allys special day. She is just getting so adorable day by day. I am praying for you day by day too sweetie. God is using you in such a special way to bring others to Him. I just love your heart Stephanie and I love you. I hope your weekend is a blessed one in so many ways.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Stephanie said...

Your faith never ceases to amaze me. You are a true blessing. I always love reading what you write. I gave you an award. You can pick it up here, if you are interested....
http://kringangel.blogspot.com/2009/03/sisterhood-award.html