Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Remembering Jason's Life

Two days in a row! I am not sure how that has happened, but here I am! Today I had a couple of hours of what I would consider down time. Anna and Jon Brent, along with Ross who has been staying with us for a few days, had gone to the Brent's to hang with this precious family for the day. What a treat for my crew and for me! Anyway, while Ally and I were spending some time together, I found myself totally consumed with the loss of Jason. I was remembering all that took place the last week of his life. I was focusing on all the dreams we had together that were never fulfilled. I was looking at how much Ally had changed since Jason saw her last and thinking how they both had missed out on each other. It was one of those moments where I was totally paralyzed with grief.

I decided at that particular moment I needed to focus not on his death and all the things that didn't take place rather I should focus on his life and all the wonderful things that did take place. I needed to focus on all the years where leukemia didn't mandate our conversations or our thoughts. Even the good memories can be tough to focus on, but MUCH easier than what we actually faced the week he died as well as the six months leading up to it.

So, tonight I need your help. I wrote a status on facebook asking for YOUR memories of Jason. I have so enjoyed all that so many have shared. Many on facebook and several more through email. I sat Anna Lea down tonight and read a few to her. It did my heart good to see her smile while hearing the things so many remembered about her daddy. Please take a moment and share a memory you might have of sweet Jason. You may comment on this blog, my personal email (stephanieweathers@hotmail.com) or facebook.

More to come from me in the next few days...of this I am certain! Our God is at work and I am a recipient of His goodness. He is faithful even in the darkest of times. I press on knowing He is working for my good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we lived not too far from you in Forrest Hills. It was on a Thursday, and I had a little visitor come into my house...a lizard!!! I CANNOT stand lizards--super terrified of them!!! So, being Thurs., my dad was off work, so he wasn't that close by, I thought... who can help me? Jason immediately came to mind :) He was such a tremendous help getting the lizard out of the house--Jason saved the day! He then tells me he can't stand lizards either...almost as much as me :)
Love you and praying for you :)
Lindsey Z