Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trust in the Lord

Our pastor and his wife Kimberly are currently in the Ukraine right now where they are in the process of adopting 4 children. One day last week he stated on facebook that he was studying Proverbs 3:5-6 and planned to preach on this passage when he returned. Several people commented (on facebook) that this was their first passage of scripture to memorize. I was one of those individuals, however, I had to put it to music in order to learn it when I was a child. My mom discovered quickly when I was young that I could learn lots of things if she would just put it to music, including how to spell my name.(Don't make fun...Stephanie is a long name!) Anyway, jokingly I told our pastor, Tony, that I'd teach him the song so that he could sing it to the church in his sermon. :) Anna Lea overheard me telling someone about this and volunteered her services.

She actually learned this song not long ago as we were on a plane travelling to Naples. She was quite apprehensive because of the turbulence we were experiencing. Anna Lea loves music and because of this I was able to calm her down by singing this song in her ear. She picked up on it quickly and has sang it MANY times over the last year. Often we would sing it together while Jason battled leukemia.

I thought you might enjoy hearing her sing the scripture. She is quite proud of this as well. :) I've realized I'll need to teach her lessons of humility in the days to come...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

19 comments:

Tony Merida said...

Fantastic! She sang it much better than I could! Way to go Mom.

Laurie in Ca. said...

She has such a sweet voice and sang it perfectly. Thanks for sharing that and putting a voice to that sweet face of hers. I hope you are having beautiful spring weather and that everyone is keeping well. I love you Stephanie and am praying for you and the kids often. Speaking of kids, how has Brad been doing?:)

Much Love and Many Hugs, Laurie

Jennifer said...

She is a great little singer!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer (Nashville, TN)

Jayme said...

Very good! I love the end.

Holly said...

So cute! What an adorable video clip! :)

Linda Bass said...

What a sweet, sweet voice she has. I see a singer in your future. By the way, humility is overrated!!

Meet the Robinsons said...

Humbling Stephanie!

Becky said...

That is absolutely beautiful...

Kimberly said...

Fabulous job, Anna Lea! Keep up the singing. :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anna Lea. That was beautiful. Such a wonderful way to remember the Scripture.

Stephanie, you should be so proud of Anna Lea. She sang beautifully. And she's growing in her faith.

her said...

applaud Anna Lea....you did good girl! That verse is now stuck in your memory forever! "and don't you forget it"

It was an awesome Easter Steph...in many ways! Check out my blog on the Folded Napkin...OMGoodness!

Joy for your weekend. Ms Debi

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. You know Merrin will have to copy her now. She's Anna Lea's little mini-me.
Kristen

Shasta Looper said...

I so remember that song from when we were kids and had to learn that verse. Brought back many memories from years ago.

Always a Southern Girl said...

What a cutie!! She has an excellent little voice. I love that verse Proverbs 3:5-6

whit said...

You have a singer on your hands. She has such a beautiful voice. O

taterbugs said...

Beautiful, Lea Lea!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible blessing. I hope that Anna Lea will continue with her singing. Stephanie, she is learning much from the strength and witness of your faith. Thank you so much for sharing this, and for your beautiful Easter journal. Please continue to share, and as always, I continue my prayers for all of you. love, carolyn laster

Sydney Sanders said...

I love Anna Lea! She told me she'd be famous one day, ya know!

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for our parents Sis. You are teaching their grandchildren wonderful scripture based songs, and Ross and I are teaching Anderson to laugh everytime we say Boo LSU.

Tell Lea Lea, Uncle Scott thought she did a fantastic job. Don't tell her that I got a quick chill as I remembered you sang like this non-stop for 12 years of my life. I hope she at least doesn't sing during dinner, unlike her Momma. :) Love yall.

Scott