Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Routine Begins Tomorrow...

I'm back. Well, not fully, but I am back for a brief entry. I promise more to come in the coming days, but tonight I am just asking for prayer. Tomorrow a whole new routine starts for us. Anna Lea returns to school...2nd grade! Wow. Many emotions tonight in my house. Excitement, nerves and the obvious...all without Jason. Tonight during the blessing before dinner, Anna Lea asked God to please tell her daddy that she was starting the 2nd grade tomorrow. She also asked God to tell her daddy how much she loved and missed him. It's so hard to listen to these type of prayers. I generally say nothing...mainly because tears are usually flowing.


Another part of our new routine is I am going back to work full time. I am returning to Oak Grove Primary School, where I worked in the spring, but this time I will be working every day. I am most anxious as to how all of this will work out, but I know my God will continue to supply my every need. I am more than grateful to my mom, who will be keeping Jon Brent and Ally while I am away. She will also have the responsibility of getting Anna Lea to and from school each day as I won't be home until 3:00 p.m. each day and I have to leave each morning before Anna Lea leaves.



This is where I need you...yet again. Will you please pray for an easy adjustment to working full time again? Will you pray for my sweet mom who is sacrificing her life for me and the children? Will you also pray for my kids as they transition once again? My emotions are roaring tonight for many reasons, but I continue to lean heavily on a BIG and GOOD God.



Sunday our pastor preached from a wonderful passage of scripture found in 1 Peter. Once again our Lord knew I needed these exact words.

1 Peter 1: 3-9

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.



I am so incredibly thankful for my salvation. I am so blessed by God's word. He's at work and I so want to be used by Him!

Thank you in advance for your prayers!



P.S. Thanks so much for the birthday messages...both here and facebook. I do love my birthday...more to come on that later! :)

7 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

Stephanie,

I was thinking about you on Sunday as I was sitting in church. Our special music was a lady singing "His Strength Is Perfect." That song ALWAYS makes me think of you. So as I was listening, my thoughts turned to you and I was wondering what you would be doing now that school is about to start back. What a timely post you have made. Yes, I will be praying.

PS: I always think about you and your precious family as I blow dry my hair. Why then? I don't know, but I do...

Dahlia said...

I wanted you to know that I am praying for all of you through this time of adjustment. I know you will be a blessing for us at school. I pray that we will be the same for you. I will pray especially for strength and wisdom for sweet Nancy in her care for her precious grandchildren....she did an excellent job with you and Scott so I know the kids will be doubly blessed to have her there. My daddy died when I was 4 and I remember talking to him "in the clouds" often as a child.....actually I still find myself whispering to him.....some things you never forget....hope the days to come are exciting yet predictable. One thing we know for sure is that God will provide.

Amy said...

I am excited for you. I know tomorrow will bring all sorts of changes. But, I know you will soar through them beautifully -- as will AL, JB and Ally. I will pray tomorrow every time I think about you. I love that Carly thinks about you while she's drying her hair. For some reason, I think about you four any time I'm in the van (by the way, that's a lot). Funny how God brings you to our minds at various times. I'm sure our thoughts towards you are spread out all across the day so that at any given time, an assortment of friends and family are pleading with our Father on your behalf. I know I speak for all when I say..."it's our PLEASURE". I love you, friend.

Amy

Laurie in Ca. said...

Sweet Stephanie,

Of course I will pray for all that you have asked, and more. I am sure that your mom is blessed to be of help with the kids. That is what us grandmas do best. We love them so much. Asking the Lord for a smooth transition into the new normal once again. Changes are never easy but so doable with Gods help. I love you girl!!

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Always a Southern Girl said...

Stephanie, I hope your week has gone well. I will be praying for you and your children.

You have such a wonderful love for God. It shines through all your post.

The Meyers said...

I love you and I love that Amy calls her mini van, "the van".
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I was looking for various music playing the song "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" when I came across your blog. I read some of it, and I just want to tell you that everything will be fine as long as you continue to have a relationship with sweet Jesus. Our Lord is enough, even when it seems that He is not. He will continue to comfort you. So sorry of your loss, but his gain. It's hard for us to lose a loved one on Earth, but I know someday you will meet again, as you wrote, in Heaven. For me, it was an unwanted divorce and the break-up of the family on this day 6 years ago. However, I realized that what man meant for evil, God meant for good. Praise Him! In the meantime, I wanted to send you anonymous blessings and to your beautiful children, as well. Love from Your Sister In Christ.